Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Two Loved Ones Flown The Coop

Two  loved ones  gone 

so  sing a sad song.

For one, a son, there is a chance;

For the other, a lover, there is no dance


Secret sorrow for both I've shown,

I keep the reason unknown at home,

 The tears  for a lost lover,

Are a losing son's last cover.

 

How hard this must be for them both,

Thinking they have  stunted growth ,

Thinking they might never  be glad,

While in happiness of the best  love they've had.


Alas;  my unimaginable sorrow stems,

From loving  the way  I have loved them.

Now  remembered as dreams  so kind,

And welcomed back if they change their minds.

 

As they do what they did when so much younger

Pathological farewells. maybe stronger,

Afraid of attachments, single or married,

Safely  non-committal,  love miscarried . 

 

Urging  sons and lovers  won't convince,

Their conscience  dwells there   since

With  strangers they are falling

With  love or  love's  fears calling.


Homeless or loveless, tell me why

But I have  to let these lost birds fly,

...she returns, she’s mine, otherwise...

…he returns, he’s fine, otherwise... 

 

So go karaoke this week  and next time

 Beirut  or Mao will do just fine

A trigger or a silencer for the blues  

Either way  I'm  going to  lose  


February 11, 2021

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment