Wednesday, February 10, 2021

All The Free Time I Used to Have

All the free time I used to have

To write books and read are returned to me

And I will take and use them

Without wasting too many tears

Because the loss of a lover can be exploited

It must be used in positive ways

There is nothing else to say when she goes away

Except 'goodbye; have a nice day.'

But in every lingering moment

Every time I go away alone

Is the time we could be together

Unless my spouse picks up the pace

Makes me smile when I’m secretly sad

Since we can’t change our colors

Into ones we've never had

For those I’ll look to nature

to paint my lonely moments

be glad for what we had

remember every minute 

every second that we shared

I will get over losing you

But sure gonna miss you bad 


February 11, 2021

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment