Wednesday, February 24, 2021

On The Road Again

 See Live First Rendition Here

If I say it once, I’m thinking aloud.

If I say it twice, I probably like the sound.

Three times said, you know I’d be glad.

When the fourth time comes, she’d better run.

I take the fifth for what I’d do

If my desires don’t come true.

Multiplied by ten,

I’m on the road again.

Life is too short to be faking

All the love we should be making.

When I picked you out, you knew what to do,

When you chose me, you certainly could see

I wasn’t one who’d regret what I’d done

Following the world around the sun,

That’s how it was back then.

Now I’m on the road again.

We never should retire when life inspires.

Never look away when love comes to play.

It’s better to feel wanted than taken for granted.

Plants need watering to grow where they are planted,

Or else they wither and blow away,

Scattering seeds somewhere another day,

Another place conductive to stay,

A place to grow a new stem,

I’m on the way; on that road again.

It is no use sitting around and wondering,

What either of us might have done wrong.

Wonders turn to blunders,

When they are left alone.

No one is to blame if one remains the same,

And one decides to roam and find a new flame,

The home life we sustained,

The children that we trained,

Our legacy remains

When I’m on the road again.

 

February 24, 2021

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment