Saturday, February 6, 2021

Buds Getting Ready to Blossom










A poem not afraid of what she sees

After she sent a meme to me 

About a man on a trip with a girlfriend

Confronted by his wife convincing him home

Only to discover a second girlfriend on the phone

As he receives council for mistress troubles

And his wife’s parents shake their heads forlorn.

What is it all about?

Is she the last love I'll ever know

Or for the time being

Renewed daily deleted and at her discretion,

Mine completely and hers partially

With no next chapter in her dream

With all I need to be satisfied

Unless she runs out of sugar

Nothing I have done to dissuade her 

So I savor another day with her

And if she pulls her love away

with nothing but rug burns to show

I can steal nothing to give her from home 

If it means losing confidence in her love

Though I have in my heart for both

To make love like there's no tomorrow

A tomorrow that never comes

With buds getting ready to blossom 

Count my blessings and replenish the blues

February 7, 2021

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment