Saturday, January 23, 2021

Love in the Brilliance of a New Day

 

First rendition of poem

I'm reaching a rainbow by staying in place

As refracted light returns to true colors

At a magical remedial pace.

I drink to thee only with my eyes,

My glasses removed to see

Reasons to believe in love again

In the brilliance of a new day,

And feelings that stay when a rainbow fades

Into illusions of rippling water,

That pass under the bridge,

And the phenomena of passing days, 

That play with the mind in mysterious dreams,

As sweet music from trickling pores

Rushes to crescendo of a concert score.

No longer the single voice that harmony abhors,

At the place where both ends of the rainbow meet,

Where two hearts beat as one,

In a secret place in glistening mist,

Our place in the sun, 

From a long and lonely stream,

Before our restless lives are done.

 

January 23, 2021

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment