Tuesday, January 26, 2021

I Might Be Nuts

Gravity that pulls us back to earth

To hear temple day-glow puppets preach,

Act our lives away in morality plays,

For when we can’t leave the past,

And keep repeating the moment here now 

Though spring winds swinging screen doors open

Bring fragrance of one hundred flowers blooming,

If only we could ignore the bad times,

The stains in our lives slightly wet,

There too long in our fabric,

Irremovable like oil from a sweatshirt,

No matter how long baking soda sits.

When I do my dirty laundry,

I’ll let you know if it goes away,

Ruin our loving-kindness,

Or save us with sweet blindness.

Like a tippler passing the puppet show,

On his way to false conventions,

My wonderful secret motives are thrilling,

Delighting not in the wine

But other lovely things in mind,

Like the joy of mountains and waters,  

Expressing my heart in present progressive tense

Not in tatters left behind

 

January 26, 2021

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment