Saturday, January 9, 2021

It Keeps Us Together

 
Eight o’clock on Friday night and she has no suggestions

I offer YouTube ZZ Top, Robert Palmer;

she counters with Ann Margaret and Elvis

But we’re running out of suggestions.

I offer Cat Ballou and Mad Mad Mad Mad World

but she can not find them.

I look in our file for movies,

but we’ve seen them all.

So I have a glass of rum,

and a bottle of rum,

and get ready to the limit till sleep,

because I can’t get satisfied with her

She doesn’t want it.

Nothing to satisfy me or keep my interest,

Then, finally, a Hitchcock Movie,

The Man Who Knew Too Much.

In her finest hour,

She comes in first again,

It keeps us in love the best she can,

As I brush her side with intent,

But the slightest affection is bent;

So we enjoy a movie  in the living room,

As I rely on memories of feelings 

Instead of the written word, 

To go on being a happy husband, 

Satisfied elsewhere.


January 8, 2021

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment