Monday, January 18, 2021

In Love with the Other Woman

She knows she will always be

The other woman

but not to me

To me she is the one

The last love I will meet

It does no good to explain

It can never be complete 

It hurts when she's fatigued  

Til she reminds herself how good

We feel when we're together and

Her time for family having passed

Alone in love with a married man

 who isn't singing "Bye Bye Baby"*

Who will always have a place for her

In another unworldly place

A place so out of time

Southwest of her dreams

After telling the man in the mausoleum

What she has finally seen

They have set each other free

  Knowing someone is with her now

Praying in a Lu-Gang temple

Someone who will forever be

All over her body with kisses

In love affectionately


January 19, 2021

"Bye-Bye Baby" by The Four Seasons

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment