Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Happy I would be in intervening hours

Happy I would be in intervening hours

To know that she was showering me

With plans and notions

To show her devotion to our love

That one step back created inspiration

For our serendipitous vacations

But if she neither had me or a good time in mind

I still had it spent napping in sweet wine

Flying and swooping over the river

And if perchance she goes her own way

She would be making herself better 

But together in our hearts

Refreshed with stamina to stay

Like a white egret that treads gingerly 

At the end of a long day 

Measures her steps on the pebbled bottom

Scattering fish too big to bite

Looking for a size just right

To thrust at and snag for the night

 

January 26, 2021

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2021 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment