Friday, June 14, 2013

no Hardy misunderstanding

 
no Hardy misunderstanding
i know you think you hurt me
i'm not hitting back
or should i?

when you ask "so, what's going on?"
i tell you - show you the blog
shouldn't i ask, "so what do you think?"

when i write you
you write back that you're busy
shouldn't i tell you i've been busy, too?

is it vindictive to throw an insult back?

if i write to say i'm okay in an earthquake
when you don't respond
should i hope you're okay, too?

when you ask about my ex-wife's well-being
should i ask how your ex-husband's doing?

when you write no 'hello' and ask about a job
shouldn't i ask you mail Junior's cheesecake?

when you decline my invitation two weeks late
should i say you saved trouble of cooking?

the answer to all these questions is...
"no, i should not."

when flies are alighting around me
i should change my resting place
there now, doesn't that feel better

6-8-13

No comments:

Post a Comment