Friday, May 31, 2013

such thoughts as these dare not be trod

such thoughts as these dare not be trod
though enter and stand do they
the scooter which stops annoys my book
but only waters the plants of May

the men she ponders in her heart
tucked away discreet
playboys' names are mentioned
under rugs she sweeps

so when a rocky period comes
jostles composure's stance
she moves with me shadowy
void of real romance

i ride the bike and leave her be
follow not inquiry
for all i know is what i see
no further look is good for me

the end shall come when i am played
she steals my heart or house
for if i look and see loose crumbs
i'll know if i've a mouse

when workmen trample o'er my feelings
she smooths them out from my rough dealings
their side she takes from an alien's
i don't own the road again

the cable van still parked outside
communication won't hurt pride
a nap i took and had a dream
that all was not as it all seemed

when i go and when i'm gone
things may happen going on
when i'm home i mind the dirt
out of sight a flirt can't hurt

long ago her sister hid
and gotten better since a kid
takes pride does she in keeping down
friends tell secrets without sound

what do i want what do i need?
pinball bumps sincerity
jukebox jitterbug makes whoopee
clean my mind by bodhi tree

the road ahead it twists so long
ride the bike and sing a song
what's it worth for generations?
the river flows through trepidations

she's got the love like a vacation
love me like life's a vacation
love vacation love vacation
lovely lovely love vacation

6-1-13


No comments:

Post a Comment