Sunday, December 27, 2020

The last true love I’ll ever meet

 

In the best years of our lives,

Without debris obstructing us,

When we rock each other all day long,

Like our backs ain’t got a bone,

with the soft affection,

Only cats offer at home...

How could I not feel blessed?

Lucky because we deserve

To reap what we've grown best.

When the sunshine follows our path,

With dark clouds abounding,

As we climb the stairs of stone,

Holding hands but not alone,

My heart no longer wanders

Why would I want to roam?

When I can have it all,

One at heart and one at home,

Without either missing a beat,

With the last true love I’ll ever meet.

Lying down in sheets of linen, legs entwined,

a million passionate candy kisses,

In another amazing day in azure,

Mellowing our troubled minds,

Good vibrations giving excitation,

Ladled with hot mineral springs,

Everything we wanted and our bird can sing,

Followed by beef Wellington.


December 28, 2020

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment