Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Echoes of Ecstasy

 
She's bringing me healthy enticement

No paid massage rubbing me wrong

But millet wine for our brunch on the morrow

Preferring a lovely giving and taking

Without bursting bubbles in a hot spring

Or skating away on a cool winter day in paradise

 

But no blue paradise on the dusky horizon

Behind three to naught in our ecstasy

But we aren't counting on winning or losing

When I fall short without morning magic

But If we’d had a dollar for every deep kiss

We could buy a  Maserati with this

 

Yes, I gentlemanly left it home and childishly suffered

(Or was it the other way around)

Yes. I felt like Costanza’s water shrinkage

With tight sweetness urging me on

But she didn't falter or lose one heartbeat

As we pleased each other, hands down, so to speak

 

We walked in the fog around the lake

Stopping for shots of millet wine joy

Blended with nectar around the misty mountains,

The pine willow reflected in an aquatic dream.

A day to remember with no concern

With steamy wisps of love to burn

 

When Wednesday echoes of ecstasy appear,

If she isn’t the flower that blooms once a year

I’ll give birds the bird and take a chance

Save painted vases and fruit for old folks' homes

With whims of time in sweet secrecy.

Sensuous rendezvous instead of coffee.


December 24, 2020

Visit My Author Page 

  Visit My Website
Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment