Sunday, May 24, 2020

If The Buddha Dated

If the Buddha dated
Couldn’t be much different than if the Buddha married,
Or if the Buddha had a mistress.
The same rules would apply with some variation.
The first sutra, the introduction,
Would answer the question
Why the Buddha would need a mistress.
It would be redundant to tell
Since sensual pleasures and stimulus are samsara
In the realm of the red dust.
What would be my mantra;
A stimulus to reach mindfulness,
Enlightenment;
Not an end in itself,
Not unlike Kundalini yoga
Or the Kama Sutra
As a Bodhisattva can guide
A lover with interest to the right path.
But I am on the path, too.
I need someone to take me there.
A vehicle to transport my spirit
with a place to go.
If not lonesome
Would I be looking elsewhere?
If my partner could reverse course,
Be open to travel and intimacy,
Outdoor activity and adventure,
Bike rides on forest paths,
And swims in water holes under waterfalls,
Everything a mistress likes,
with a question of intimacy unresolved.  
Like Krishna on the front line,
wouldn't I go?  

May 25, 2020
www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Purchase "Unnatural Beauty; Poems from the Han Riverside"
Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment