Sunday, May 31, 2020

If blowing a kiss is still a kiss

If blowing a kiss is still a kiss
I have kissed your smiling face
That look in your eyes feels like bliss
Your lips give my dreams grace

You are more than a woman to me
More than a breath of morning dew
In tandem we go, riding the river
Two of us randomly making it through

Ever higher till the heights we reach
Responding to undeniable passion
Going forward towards our love
Offered weekly in two-hour rations

Avoiding the rain and the burning sun
We are clearly Goldilocks’ choice
Unbearably waiting for tomorrow’s meeting
I’m tuned in to your voice

Unable to forget you when at home
Without a lover left
Happiness you bring makes me want to sing
After you, only old age and death

So I see you when you find the time
Arrange my days to fit your style
Who am I to ask for more 
Than to know you for a little while

Let the torrents crash below us
On the bridge to the tunnel of love
As plum rains mist to summer storms 
We fit like velvet gloves

Forget what people say about autumn springs
We are strong enough to endure
Days brighten when we're face to face 
that is what love is for  

May 31, 2020
www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Purchase "Unnatural Beauty; Poems from the Han Riverside"
Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment