Sunday, April 7, 2019

Deaf, Dumb and Blind Boy




Little needing material possession
So there is not much to buy
There’s a humble way to go back home
So there I will go to try
A bicycle is transportation
Swimming time for concentration
A walk in the forest: recreation
To my children I must fly
And places that intrigue me
Not going will beleague me
Arousal warms my body
As the sunshine warms my hide
Food whatever is the cost
Pretentive violins are fiddling about
Music sears my ringing ears
Laughter calms my deepest fears
Only company evades me…

Friends are few and always lost
Gone the gang since teenage hood
Loneliness’ subtle scent of sadness
More or less my theme
With no requisite for making friends
I wander around in my dreams
Ever the apogee of my career
I'm introspective without self-pity
Spells of melancholy
Until my sweetheart’s voice surprises me
Where my emotions are spent
In my permanent tent
With rings of performing cats
And her clown of renown devout
As far as I can be
One thing pings my heart
Makes it rush out to me
Flippers and bumpers
My little zone in heaven
Dragging me out of hell
What material life can be
With games played alone for free
Regardless of the cost
I am my favorite boss

April 7, 2019
Copyright © 2019 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment