Friday, May 3, 2019

She’s In For Her Second Chemo


Some ladies go for bingo,
To salt caves therapeutic,
Cryogenic chambers of liquid nitrogen,
Aromatic holiday spa with masseuse beautific,
My baby goes for chemo.

I go for bike rides up the riverside,
Laps in the pool, a sauna room,
Language exchanges, English strangers,
And meals that make me drool,
But my baby goes for chemo.

Some ladies go to roadhouses,
For men who go down slow,
But the cranberry concoction,
Drips relentlessly without passion,
Risking bad reaction.

I am without my babe at home,
Nowhere to go, to be alone,
Or place I'd rather roam,
Hoping her pain won't show,
As she recovers from the blow.

I will bring her back, fatten her up,
Hand her a cup, and shut myself up,
Mother’s Day chicken Masala with mushrooms,
French onion soup, zucchini Parmesan,
While the cats she loves play on.

It's a calm peaceful morning,
Blue clouds and soft cool breeze.
Roosters crowing, birds are singing,
Bobbie kitten on the patio besides me,
And bugs are my only camaraderie.

May 4, 2019
www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Purchase "Unnatural Beauty;Poems from the Han Riverside" here.
Copyright © 2019 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment