Monday, September 21, 2020

Until My Dying Day


Why would I leave this paradise to go

To where they say I’d be a fool to go?

With no one casting me out.

But  in a fool’s paradise

Overlooking those in need,

 What fearful hard-heads don’t realize,

What the selfishly unhealthy can’t understand:

That life in an unchanging replica, 

Brings misfortune to the pariah 

For those who think it lasts forever.

I have to keep on moving out of  forecast range

As animals feel earthquakes before they arrive

And verify omens out of our reach.

When men on the chessboard tell us where to go,

We must tune in to frequencies on pirate radio

Without  concern that it is in vain.

I will leave and feel no pain,

May it always stay this way

Until my dying day.

 

Dedicated to Mary Catherine

September 22, 2020

www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Purchase "Unnatural Beauty; Poems from the Han Riverside"
Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment