Friday, August 28, 2020

Body and Soul

 

Throw caution to the wind in the house of blue lights

The minstrel show of the mind

Cut loose the white body of the Jew

Loose as a goose and all that jazz

No burlesque dancer strips

Sharpening focus

Look at her tits!

When I take off my glasses to see

Kaleidoscopically me

Teasing tea trees

To don their leaves

Brew and mellow without ceremony

Or cacophony of emotions in angst

Stepping out of line along the river banks

Rafting the Han’s jagged waters

Over dams and falls needing portage

To reach the strait in one piece

When there are so many parts of me

That can float independently

Where I am the audience, not the performer

Not the audience either

As we meld into one

Unwritten massage in cityscape noir

Body and soul


August 28, 2020

www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Purchase "Unnatural Beauty; Poems from the Han Riverside"
Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 


No comments:

Post a Comment