Sunday, July 5, 2020

Floating In and Out of Senses

The sweet taste of sugar pleases my tongue

Like the orgasmic sensation of being young

As white river noise runs through my eyes and ears

Backed by cicadas chirping crescendo

In a momentary meltdown when to mantra I succumb

With embankment roads free of thoroughfare

Thanks to the overpass under construction yonder

No vehicle fumes yet up my nostrils

Nothing to make my current mood hostile

Monday’s factory a distant memory

Gone from distraction to my satisfaction

Nothing in mind can entwine my enchantment

Lead it away from the ledge where tall grass sways

In humid breezes barely budging

From the promised late afternoon downpour

Clouds coagulating listened to within sense

Where I can find peace without being there

Scenic in a landscape unescapable

Oblivious to a fate un-retraceable

Alive in a rainforest with memory notched

Like a record wound down awaiting ejection

I must lift my needle for the next song to play

Or be stuck in the inner groove of another day


July 5, 2020

www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Purchase "Unnatural Beauty; Poems from the Han Riverside"
Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 


No comments:

Post a Comment