Monday, April 13, 2020

Sometimes the river runs to me

Watch a live rendition of the first draft here.

Sometimes the river runs to me
When I am tired of peddling upstream.
There is a place by the rainbow bridge
Where my needs receptive 
Can mingle with retentive,
Like falling into someone's open arms,
And floating to a sea of joy
Without a hint of tomorrow’s anchorage or restitution.
Let's go see what waits for us
In every moment of our soft lit eyes,
A pool of youth reflecting your smile,
If only for a little while.
Let me dabble in the spring bubbling up
Through the fissures of a broken world.
Haven’t I had enough of less-than-life fascination?
Enduring workmen's dedication?
What about the rest of the time
With bends and turns for my restless spirit?
Why see it spurned when serendipity arises
Before my last gasp of breath?
If I let the river reach my shore,
Wet my feet with effervescence,
Life will be sweet with infatuation once more.

April 13, 2020
www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
            Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment