Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Separate Love


「Karaoke Prostitute」的圖片搜尋結果

Divide your love from passion,
Remove the caress from your heart.
Pay attention to what not to mention.
It feels like it could tear us apart.
She did not put my hand on her breast,
Jump on my lap or give me a kiss,
Rub my crotch with each whiskey sip,
But cooled my heart
And cooled my heat by asking me to stop;
That her hand could not do the job
Of holding me on for a dance.
But she also never asked for a hundred
Tucked into her cleavage.
Only unexpressed permission
Is what she gave me,
To move my tone arm to side ‘B’,
The song not on our first album,
The song that will make the rarities, 
Released after a passionate love,
Without making feathers fly.
What rock ‘n’ rollers sleep with on the road:
The lover at home that carries the load.
Though she arranged the place,
Closed her eyes blind,
Said ‘Have a good time’ when I went away.
She turned out the light
When I came home late that night,
Asking nothing in the morning.

March 3, 2020
www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Purchase "Unnatural Beauty; Poems from the Han Riverside"
Copyright © 2020 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment