Saturday, October 19, 2019

A Foreign Language Test

He who works so hard into a stupor
Falls asleep in a chair unknowingly exhausted
That slave to commitment is not me
As I glide from sensation to sensation
When my fidgety feet start a-tapping
Up from my seat to open another door
Attending my wake to witness more
Occurrences like from an oracle arise
Magically written the answers in foreign words
Of which I knew or guessed unsure
Is it I cannot hear clearly what is said?
Or is it the calling I do not listen
But results are revelations
Of how distracted I was or made to be
Here it comes again
Drum roll please
Onward experiences untold
Without motivation for a bank roll
To the drummer I differentiate
See what comes, no need to wait
In any case concentrate
Onward with passion
In an occupied fashion

October 19, 2019


Copyright © 2019 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved 

No comments:

Post a Comment