Saturday, December 29, 2018

My voice ends out of my mouth

My voice ends out of my mouth
Her clothes end when she puts them on
But my money goes a long way 
Want something done?
I ask, pay them first
But life has done what it wants from the start
Not asking my heart's desire

Without manager’s permission, do it myself
Pay the gardener for the grass
Doesn't sound good for long but
Sounds great before the words fall on the lawn
Unpublished, unheard
In my head on my page
Stroking myself before becoming absurd
Organize where allowed

What I want is what I need
Not all it has is for me
So if idiosyncratic, surprisingly easy
Keeps the needy away 
I fight whether or not it agrees
It is the way of life; the Tao Te Ching
Solo is what I sing
Harmony is what she brings

Unless coincidence
Useless the insistence
 Give assistance asked 
Gladly I would 
 Bothersome persistence bothers me  
More than the world
Opining pine for no one's agreement
What I do, I do for free

Thanks to Cecilie for the rewrite.

December 30, 2018
                    www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Copyright © 2018 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment