Friday, March 2, 2018

The Dusting of Frost on Freedom, PA

a dusting of frost that will
melt around my footprints
when i am gone around the earth
back around the earth
against the wind up high
where vapor trails freeze time
the dulling snow that masks the sound
melts me down to pot holes
on the winding road to my coffin
retirement beyond Freedom's closed gates
let the brisk chilly winds blow
my open eyes shuttering
as slush stutters my weakened voice
with infomercials leaving no choice
among the frozen channels
spoken into remote ears
absinth face emotion
from a Frankenstein chronicle
to simple Hallmark mysteries
of Monk and Matlock...
i must be on my way
back home
where Mandarin unknown
is to be learned
more to me
than American drone

March 2, 2018
www.readingsandridings.jimdo.com
Copyright © 2018 by David Barry Temple. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment