Tuesday, October 13, 2015

as the cell door snaps shut on another friendship

as the cell door snaps shut on another friendship
with the lunatic behind bars
why do i feel like
i am his trap
being free to roam
while he is lost forever more

without looking back i can see
he is one less soul to comfort
no sympathy had he
nor my worthy ideals did he feel
yet family for me seems to mean
more than a birth's proximity

as aunts do their dances
and uncles buckle if per chances
i am free in Han River's vicinity
with blue sky breezes enveloping me
egrets gliding incessantly
and the warm sun glowing incandescently

through ribbons of roads and highways bind me
no mad driver there has yet to find me
as i sit on this bench of wood unwinding
from a lunatic's headlights blinding
unraveling the messes
of Maya's grindings

10-14-15 






No comments:

Post a Comment