Sunday, June 14, 2015

All Washed-Out

all washed out 
from my hair to my shoes
the color is bleached
from opinions and views

youth has dissolved
what i had learned
will not feel the heat
until they get burned

my white hair sparkles
with Tinkerbell dust
lets me safely through
that old red rust

everything is out of me
i have used it up myself
my store of tricks is empty
there is nothing on the shelf

you passed me by and left me flat
i would be sprawled out on the street
if not for provisions provided i
when life was full and sweet

if you were shot they would not come
to search me in my home
"he is much to old to pull the trigger"
the cops would leave me alone

yet i can pass through any keyhole
when others lose their key
and float through you with revelations
you could not even see

i ride my washed out bicycle
through brilliant greens and blues
a world of wonder full of thrills
if you would see the news

for washed-out beings are all-seeing
void of pigment lush
travel farther, give a bother
and do not miss life in a rush

6-14-15

No comments:

Post a Comment