Thursday, November 21, 2013

In Taiwan I'm Uncle Tom

in Taiwan i'm Uncle Tom
and what I preach is true
i've got a hunch you're just a bunch of
"don't tell me what to do."
 
i've seen them linger, wag their fingers
at  mercenaries greed
marching here, trashing there
they won't get what they need
 
they need a job or it will rob them
of their precious lives to
love themselves and find their mates
and children's sweetest spice
 
suffer Moses, can't you see
the heretics are mocking thee
though you've a path and hold a staff
your leadership won't set them free
 
i retreat to being happy
with my lover and my home
but there's a higher love above
that won't leave me alone
 
the peddle-footed sewing Singer
the miracle of light
as slaves went through the Pharoah's ringer
to bring us here tonight
 
your wild-eyed appreciation
your activism cause
will burn you like ghost money
but harmless to your boss
 
hear me not, young anarchists
your work place organize
don't waste your feet on restless streets
when with the union you can thrive
 
11-21-13
 



 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment