Tuesday, August 20, 2013

i can't care for others that ignore me

i can't care for others that ignore me
i'd rather be harrassed, raped, or robbed
i just don't exist to this fifty year old stranger
not that there's anything wrong with that
but i'm not concentrating where he distracted me
with a choice of a million places to park
now where did he go; i didn't follow
and wasn't he here the same time yesterday
or was it another fairly new white scooter
he left his helmet on the floor board
now he's back, looking relieved
must have walked off to pee's what i think
now his helmet's back on, engine started
he's driving away on the bike path
 good riddance
 
i can't care for those who don't ignore me
the young man on a scooter who honks the horn
and shouts 'hello' as he passes by
the man on a bicycle who risks crashing to get a look at me
and the pretty young woman who is discreet
to talk and take a chance i'm disengaged
stops her scooter to see how i'll react
drives away when i don't pay attention
and when i look lost, oh what an opportunity
to meet, to help, to maybe befriend me
i wish i was lost but i can't make believe
i know too well where my going will lead
to death, enjoy life the best until death
with one partner, one rider, one lover
others may wish and look for it
i needn't any longer bother
 
8-20-13
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment