Friday, March 8, 2013

Tamed and Untamed

untamed the iww
they didn't encourage me
they remained untamed
 
untamed FDR high school
they didn't encourage me
they remained untamed
 
untamed the Bread & Roses club
they weren't strong enough
they remained untamed
these roots flutter in the breeze
unnourished in me
 
Brooklyn was untamed by Bloomberg
and the whole business untamed me
so i let it go
until Sandy brought me back
 
i never untame my friends
they are all still tamed
though far away
they know why i am here
 
my children and i tame each other
they must be adults
cry and sigh and tame their own
i can't tame them more than i have
and will untame them never
 
my phoenix flower waits for me
she keeps me all together
because she tamed my heart
 i see her with my heart
 
3-9-13
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment